OfficeMax Mgr, Assistant Store in Kansas City Missouri United States
Leads, coaches and motivates associates, while creating a culture that builds trust, brand loyalty and exceptional service delivery. Creates and manages a sales focused environment through the training and development of associates. Accountable for the assessment and development of all Sales and Services Managers.
Deliver exceptional customer service by observing, listening, interacting and following up with customers to ensure satisfaction and issue resolution. Builds a culture which drive sales through motivating associates to be product experts and customer focused. Acts as Sales Leader and a role model for superior customer service by demonstrating an understanding and high degree of proficiency using the Office Depot sales principles. Proactively observes, coaches, and provides feedback to associates on their proficiency in applying Office Depot sales# principles.
Responsible for increasing sales and profitability through conversion, AOV (Average Order Value), and customer satisfaction improvement across all categories.
Executes on new product launches, including services and product protection plans. Drives merchandising sales contests.
In the absence of Store Manager, manages inventory/inventory levels, assets and expenses within the store by applying financial controls and routinely reviewing all operational processes including receiving, data entry, cash handling, and payroll control. Will also be responsible for managing merchandise flow-through and replenishment processes.
Consistently maintains store appearance to company guidelines and keep in a neat, clean, well-stocked environment. Adhere to all standards related to signage labeling and merchandise presentation.
Responsible for managing performance, talent assessment, development and recognition of associates. Manages the performance appraisal process by delivering timely and valuable developmental feedback and reviews to all associates. Supports an environment that encourages creative thinking and risk taking. Provides direction, coaching, and real time counsel related to all associate performance issues. Manages conflict effectively. Drives the recruitment, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people by participating in the interviewing and selection process.
Leads daily, weekly, and monthly store meetings to ensure the accurate communication of company policies and procedures, as well as updates to the daily operations of the store. Ensures associate understanding of company benefits, directives, and other programs.
Obtains and maintains Sales Leader certification. Completes all management training; including (but not limited to) Anti-Harassment, Code of Ethics, etc. Adheres to OSHA, Worker#s Compensation, wage and hour, I-9 compliance and other legal requirements.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Level of Formal Education: High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor#s degree preferred
- Area of Study: Business, Marketing, Retail Management, or other related field preferred
- Years of Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in related field
- Type of Experience: Minimum two years of experience in retail, including management and/or supervisory in a sales driven customer oriented company.
- Special Certifications: Sales Leader certification applicable to role.
Technical Competencies: Coaches / Motivates, Conflict Management, Problem Solving, Drives for Results, Directing Others, Decision Quality, Business Acumen, Collaboration / Team Spirit, Accountable, Time Management
Information Systems: Knowledge of POS, HR Systems and Work Force Management Systems
Skills and Ability: * Must be able to effectively lead, coach and manage others in a professional environment * Ability to positively influence * Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Must be able to plan, prioritize and execute detailed instructions in a timely and efficient manner * Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with the ability to work independently, as well as with others * Must possess sound judgment and people management abilities * Must be adaptable to a changing environment and able to consistently achieve goals despite stress and ambiguity * Must possess the ability to use computers and technology for information, and to access information necessary to complete the job * Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
Personal Attributes: * Positive and Engaging * Action Oriented * Integrity & Trust * Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services and solutions offered to our customers
- Other/Preferred: Behavioral Competencies - Coaches / Motivates, Conflict Management, Problem Solving, Drives for Results, Directing Others, Decision Quality, Business Acumen, Collaboration/Team Spirit, Accountable, Time Management The Assistant Store Manager I will partner with the Store Manager to drive the overall customer, and sales and service culture within the location. He/she will assist in the day to day operations, and work with the Store Manager to develop overall store strategies and tactics to achieve sales, service and operational performance goals. The person in this role also has accountability for driving sales training to ensure appropriate Office Depot Inc.#s selling techniques are executed. This position develops talent, provides positive and constructive feedback, and appropriate coaching and counseling. The person in this role will lead, motivate and inspire associates to create a customer-centric environment resulting in a memorable and positive customer experience; building customer retention, strong relationships, and brand awareness and loyalty. The Assistant Store Manager I assists with the merchandising, operations and execution of store and company standards in addition to resolving both associate and customer relations# concerns. He/she will proactively engage with customers to exceed their needs and work to generate revenue by driving a sales culture. Quickly builds ongoing customer relationships and becomes a trusted advisor. Partners with Store Manager to execute on new product launches and develop strategies to improve conversion and Average Order Value (AOV). Act as a Change Champion, supporting and initiating change. Retail